Saturday, September 13

FYI

Ok so it's been a while. I know. Too long. I guess you can call it a sabbatical or perhaps I could flatter myself and call it a "writers block" 

Really, I was just waiting for a real nice opportunity to share some delicious good news. 

Some of you may already know this but anyway, I had to do the blog splash so here we go: 

I have been inducted to the HALL OF FAME. To me it's an incredible honor. Something I dreamed of. I've seen a lot of people get inducted including: Buddy Hall, Earl Strickland, Ewa Mataya, Allison Fisher, Allen Hopkins, Ralf Souquet, Johnny Archer etc etc. 

I had aspirations, dreams, goals, deadlines, falls, victories that had to be crossed en route. It has indeed been an incredible journey. 
Actually, when I first found out, I was really beside myself. I got the goosebumps. I even had to sit down and let it sink in. What an honor. 

Anyway, I have quite a few people to thank. The list goes so deep it would totally occupy the rest if the day. I'll get into that some other time.  

For now I just have to thank my friends and family, my sponsors, my fellow competitors and last but not least, my fans. Every component has shaped me to be the person I am today and I wouldn't trade a minute. 

I would also like to congratulate Jose Parica for getting inducted from the veterans vote. His contribution to the sport has been unquestionable. The man still plays a mean game. 

The official induction ceremony and dinner will be held in conjunction with the USOpen, October 17th. 

BCA_HOF_AD_2014_WEB


Best Regards, 


Mika Immonen 
   
   "ICEMAN"

Hall of Fame inductee 2014

3x World Champion 
Two Time "Player Of The Year"
Back To Back US OPEN 9 Ball Champion
Mosconi Cup "MVP"

Billiards Digest- "Player of the Decade"